Monday, June 23, 2008

Tropical Gazpacho


2 posts in one day?? Oh my!

I'm telling you, I have been avoiding cooking at all costs. 118 degree weather will do that to a girl. This recipe was a perfect NO COOK, cool, refreshing summer dish. This is good as an appetizer, but we just ate it for dinner. I think the recipe came from Everyday Cooking. I think.

Tropical Gazpacho

Ingredients:

3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, cut into chunks
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 cups low fat buttermilk
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp rice vinegar
coarse salt
hot sauce (optional)
mint, basil, or lime for garnish.

Working in batches, place mangoes, cucumbers, buttermilk, lime juice, and vinegar in blender. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and hot sauce (if using) Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hr. Serve with mint leaves, basil, or lime wedges.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oh this looks so refreshing! You could even submit this to the Fruit Frenzy blogging event I'm hosting (and maybe even win the giveaway prize too!) Details are in my blog :)