Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fruity Macaroons


These were good, but I kind of screwed them up. I'm not sure what happened! I only had about 4 salvageable cookies, the rest fell apart. The ones that made it were delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 1 package sweetened coconut flakes
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (papaya, pineapple, apricots)
Preheat oven to 325. Whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt until frothy. Add coconut and dried fruits. Combine. Shape two tbsp of mixture into mounds and placed on greased baking sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake until golden, 25-30 minutes. Transfer to wire rack until cool.

1 comment:

CanCan said...

Yum! I've never seen them with fruit!

I want to invite you to enter my giveaways this week at http://winnermama.blogspot.com

I hope you can come!